Monday, June 23, 2008

13 cups

The first time I bought washing powder (AKA Laundry Detergent), there wasn't a single measuring cup inside for dispensing - but fortunately we had one laying about the place and so we were able to measure out our loads without a hitch.

This last time I bought washing powder, I opened it up, and right on top there was a measuring cup. Great, I thought and set it aside to wash it and use it for other things since the old one was actually better for pouring and not making a mess. A dozen loads of laundry later, and I find a second cup. Hmm. Well I suppose I can find a use for that too. Two loads of laundry later, I'm scooping up powder and hit something hard. A bit of digging and I pull out a tower of 11 laundry cups! I just hope that my weight of laundry powder wasn't significantly reduced by all these measuring cups. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out creative uses for 13, 250 ml plastic measuring cups.

4 comments:

Danny and Liese said...

That's a really funny story!
L.

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical! Our powder doesn't come with cups at all!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome to spare cups - or maybe you'll get lucky and hit the jackpot soon.

Jeanine said...

oh my, that's hilarious! (you'll put this all together into a book to publish in the US someday, right?)

A Return to the Blog

This blog first started after we arrived in Ukraine and set up house on the 14th storey of an apartment on the outskirts of Kiev. Since then...