Thursday, January 22, 2009

All quiet on the Eastern Front

So the gas has been restored to Europe, the cold snap has lifted and the holidays are over. In short - life is back into full swing. Alister and I are still going back and forth with being sick - but I hope (fingers crossed) that we've both kicked it.
Now we are busy getting back into a routine and catching up after being sick. I don't have Russian classes anymore - but am moderating a Russian project. Mostly I am in the headache process of organizing our trips back home. Always when I traveled alone - trips have never been a problem I could make an instantaneous decision and If it ended up being a bit hectic I had no one to blame but myself but had made that schedule to accomplish my goals - so ultimately I was always satisfied. With two people with two different sets of goals and expectations - it makes it incredibly more difficult- esp when trying to make all the different airline connections through budget flights to get where you need to go. Really gives you an appreciation for travel agents. So will hopefully have something more interesting to write next week- but for now not so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim and I are also in the process of creating our itinerary in the States. I truly feel your pain! I love it once we're there...it's just actually making the reservations that is so difficult!

A Return to the Blog

This blog first started after we arrived in Ukraine and set up house on the 14th storey of an apartment on the outskirts of Kiev. Since then...