Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Who says stuff can't make you happy?

Just a quicky - The Meest packages we shipped arrived today! The man arrived at 9am and all boxes were intact - nothing broken and so many precious surprises! I now have cookbooks! And aprons! And my lovely, warm quilts that my mommy made me!

Not to mention my Russian textbook that I risked sending because I was sure the box would arrive before classes started ;-) My teacher, I know, will be thrilled when I come to class with my books today.

So the great thing about Meest is that its reliable (6-8 wks by boat) - unlike the post office (the only letters that seem to come through are from my dad . . . . Maybe if you pretend to be him - yours will come too. ) Also for the service (almost 100% guaranteed courier delivery) the price is reasonable - also better than standard post, fedex, and other shipping options. Prices vary depending on your location in the US and you can either mail things directly from the offices (giving you a little taste of Russia - at the Federal Way office where we shipped - there were scores of Belorussians, Ukrainians, and Russians shipping out packages and suggesting the best way to tape up our boxes - no English was spoken by any of the staff there.) Or you can pre-fill the custom forms and ship via UPS to a Meest office and they will ship your package for you.
Thanks Meest for a job well done and for adding a HUGE smile to the start of our day!

No comments:

A Return to the Blog

This blog first started after we arrived in Ukraine and set up house on the 14th storey of an apartment on the outskirts of Kiev. Since then...