Monday, February 11, 2008

Russian Scrabble

Well - Alister and I have branched out on our scrabble addiction - we are now trying Russian Scrabble - which considering you have 10 extra letters in the alphabet, but only 7 still in your hand, and the small number of tiles overall while needing more letters to make more words - is pretty challenging.

We introduced two Ukrainians to the sport as well - They were really getting into it. I ended up winning - but only because I basically claimed no knowledge of Russian - put all on my tiles on the board and kept asking is this a word? How about this? Or this - which resulted in finding, and learning - Amazing words with high point placements.

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

I'm still somewhat annoyed for my friend using an open "u" a week ago. I could have laid down "quiz" for 96 points! (triple word score, and double letter on the Q I think)

so I had to settle for last place instead. :-p

A Return to the Blog

This blog first started after we arrived in Ukraine and set up house on the 14th storey of an apartment on the outskirts of Kiev. Since then...